August 19, 2015
There are so many great things to do on the Outer Banks while waiting for your house to be ready. Such as…
- Set up a canopy and grab a cooler to hang out on the beach in Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, or Nags Head for the day. (This way you can stay out of the stress of traffic and still have fun).
- Grab a bite to eat if you get here early at some of the most popular breakfast restaurants. Our guests are eligible for big discounts at some!
- Fly kites on Jockey’s Ridge at milepost 12 in Nags Head.
- Make your way to Duck to do some shopping and sight-seeing at the boardwalk. Grab visitors guides, coupon books, and restaurant guides to really add to your first day experience.
- You can rent bikes and strollers to enjoy the nature trails that run through Duck and Corolla.
- If you would prefer to relax and not do a lot of walking around, set up on the pier with a fishing pole and a cooler.
- Set up an appointment to have pictures taken of you and your party out on the beach.. or try an old time photo!
- Rent jet skis, visit the aquarium, play laser tag, mini-golf, or make your way to Hatteras and Ocracoke Islands and have a fun ride on the ferry.
- Visit the lighthouses which are in Corolla, South Nags Head, Hatteras, and Ocracoke.
- The movie theater does matinee showings if you would prefer to be somewhere a little bit cooler.
- (bonus) Set up an adventure with the wild horse tours in Corolla (something for everyone to enjoy)!
As you can see, you can still enjoy your day while waiting for your home to be ready. At Southern Shores Realty, we want you to get the most out of your vacation. Please feel free to call our office when you arrive to leave your name and number with us. If the home becomes available before the normal 4 to 5 p.m. check in time , then we will give you a call. We look forward to your vacation!