1. Commercial fishermanThis costume is easily doable right out of your kids closet. My favorite part about this Halloween costume is the fishing pole because this is something you and the kids can do together. There are a couple ways to create this costume. There is the "on the boat fisherman" and an "on the shore fisherman". Really, the only difference is the yellow rain coat for the "on the boat" fisherman. For both costumes you will need:
- Khaki pants or shorts
- Tall rain boots/any type of dark boot.
- Fishing pole. If you don't have a fishing pole, no worries! You could make your entire pole out of cardboard, string, and paper for the fish. By cutting the cardboard to the shape of a rod and reel, you can punch a hole at the end to attach your string that will tie to your paper fish. Whether they want to catch Nemo, or a great white, this is completely up to them. In this picture this little guy used a stick, hemp, and felt to make his fishes!
- Rain jacket (optional)
2. Surfer dude or Bethany Hamilton[caption id="attachment_872" align="alignright" width="300"] Back view of father and son with surfboards at beach[/caption]This one is by far my favorite costume idea. Not only is it easy to make, but inexpensive and what kid doesn't want to be a surfer? All you need is:
- Zinc sunscreen on the nose and cheeks. (substitute: white makeup/paint)
- Rash guard (substitute: White plain t-shirt with surf designs drawn on them.)
- Board shorts (substitute: pair of inexpensive shorts you don't mind drawing on. All you need are fish, sharks, waves or just designs)
- Flip Flops (substitute: any shoes you know your kid won't mind walking around in)
- Surf board (substitute: card board or poster board, cut and design your own surf board, shark bite optional.)
3. Sebi, the Surfing SpoonIf you have eaten the best frozen yogurt on the beach, then you have been to Surfin Spoon in Nags Head. From the cutest front door, to the greeting you hear when entering, to all the money stuffed in the ceiling for Surfing for Autism, this is one heck of a place. What better role model than Sebi the Surfing Spoon for a Halloween costume idea? Here is what you need:
- Coral long sleeve with a hood
- Coral long pants (Possibly Hanes brand from Walmart)
- Black felt for the eyebrows and eyes on the hood
- Surfboard (substitute: cardboard painted and cut in the shape os a surfboard)
- Black shoes
4. Sea Creatures of the AtlanticWe all love and look forward to swimming in the ocean once we arrive on the Outer Banks. Even though we all like to try to forget, there is a lot going on under the surface of our waters. Our ocean is home to many animals. What better way to remember family vacation than by being a family of sea creatures? There are plenty of animals out there but some of my favorites are dolphin, sea turtle, shark, and octopus! Here are the materials you will need:
Sea TurtleI know when I was a kid I always dreamed of surfing the EAC and waxing my shell. With Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie just recently coming out, this might also be a hot topic this Halloween. All you need to add is a brown belt around the shell to hold the numb chucks and pick your ninja mask color, and you've got a Mutant Ninja Turtle!
- Dark green long sleeve hooded shirt
- Dark green long pants
- Back pack - stuffed (solely using for the straps for the felt to wrap around)
- Light brown, light green, and dark green felt (all to make the shell surrounding the back pack) Light brown for the underside of shell and the light green and dark green to make the top of the shell design
- Brown or black shoes
- Eyes for gluing onto the hood.
DolphinEveryone loves being on the beaches of the Outer Banks and spotting a family of dolphins swimming through. That is one occurrence that can make everyone stop right in their tracks, stretch their arm out as far as they can, to point and take in the sights of these graceful creatures for a moment. Everything you need is right here:
- Grey hoodie
- Grey sweat pants
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Grey felt(or any other type of fabric) to make the fin and flippers
- Stuffing for the fin and flippers (Can always take an old pillow apart that isn't used anymore)
- White fleece to sew the front of the hoodie to make the white stomach of the dolphin.
- Eyes to glue onto the hood. Photo: Bennettgamel
SharkThis is just as easy as the dolphin besides adding one major distinction between sharks and dolphins. Sharks are known as the vicious and scary creatures of the sea, so we can't forget the jaws and teeth that make them appear that way.Now the fins will be different shapes but the same idea applies: cut it, stuff it, sew it, add it. All the extra you will need for the shark vs. dolphin is:
- White and red felt to make the jaws of the shark. Gluing this on the hood, circling the face, it will show the neighbors exactly what kind of creature is ringing their doorbell. Photo: HGTV
OctopusI love this costume. Not to mention how easy it is to do, it's equally as adorable. This costume is completely open to your kid's imagination. Whether they want a blue, purple, red, or white body, it will be perfect!
- Hooded sweatshirt any color they choose and a couple sizes bigger than normal.
- Long pants/ shorts any color they choose
- Any comfortable walking shoes preferably black, brown, or you can match the color of your kids octopus body.
- Any additional makeup you would like to add for all your creative moms and dads out there.
- Stuffing - whether from an old pillow, extra plastic grocery bags, all will do the trick.
- Limited sewing capabilities to sew legs together and later attach them to the belt.
- Fabric paint or feltfor designs on the shirt, pants, and legs. (optional)
5. PiratesArrrgh, we all have heard the stories of how the pirates used to run these waters surrounding the Outer Banks. From Blackbeard to Jack Sparrow himself, pirates are one of the coolest costumes out there. These are always fun! Maybe you can practice your pirate voice while making it. Here are a couple items you will need:
- Red/maroon pants. Cut the bottoms to make the costume as rugged as you choose.
- Black knee high socks
- White long sleeve shirt
- At least 2 belts. One belt to hold each sword. Of course you need more than one sword, c'mon it's Halloween!
- Eye patch
- Swords!!Grab some cardboard or poster board, markers, paint and carve the sword of all swords to guard all of your treasures!
Lasix Furosemide can also be used to treat high blood pressure. Furosimide medicine is marketed under the brand name Lazix Product. Lasix a drug that is used in combination with other drugs to treat tmp: heart failure - liver or kidney disease. Lasix helps to take away the excessive fluids from the body. Lasix furosemide is quite efficient drug - stipulating regular urination. Even so we shouldnt forget that this sort of state, when our body accumulates excessive fluids. Fluid retention in the body. Take an 80 mg dose of prescription diuretic Lasix - furosemide. If lasix is done on a particular season, many have to go back for a 2-nd treatment to fine tune things. Do a search on for more info - Your Lasix Here congestive heart failure order lasix.I couldn't think of a more beautiful way to kick off the holidays than by spending it on the Outer Banks. If you haven't read Why Fall vacations rock on the Outer Banks, I highly suggest doing so. There are plenty of things to do October through New Years. Our list of October events is out, along with our Halloween events blog also! We hope to see you in town soon.