Southern Shores Realty: Vacation Rental Lease Agreement
THANK YOU AND WELCOME TO THE OUTER BANKS OF NORTH CAROLINA!
Southern Shores Realty manages over 400 privately owned homes on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We hope you will be satisfied with your selection. Please remember that Southern Shores Realty is employed as Agent by the property Owner “Landlord”, and will be acting in the best interest of the property Owner. We will be unable to make substitutions or other accommodation arrangements after your arrival. Southern Shores Realty disburses advance rent payments to the property Owner account upon receipt.
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL LEASE AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT OR PAYMENT OF MONEY, OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
1.RENT: The advertised Rental Rate on the majority of our rentals is based on 7 NIGHTS OCCUPANCY. Additional fees include, but are not limited to early check-in fee, cleaning and inspection fee, home service fee, optional fees such as Travel Insurance, Vacation Rental Damage Protection, Pet fee, and Linens rental.
2. PAYMENT POLICIES: All fees are subject to change. Accepted forms of payment are money orders, cashier’s and certified checks, personal checks/e-Checks (if received at least 30 days before check-in date), and credit cards/debit cards (see Section 30). All payments are required to be in US dollars. Should your personal check be returned for any reason, there will be a $25.00 service charge (subject to change) added to your account balance. We cannot accept personal checks at check-in, nor during your stay. Advance rent, final payments and security deposits are held in rental trust accounts at: PNC Bank at 4701 N. Croatan Hwy., Kitty Hawk, NC 27949. Any interest from these trust accounts accrues to Southern Shores Realty.
3. DISBURSEMENTS: Rent payments will not be disbursed prior to occupancy of the property by the Tenant in an amount greater than 50% of the total rent except any fees owed to third parties to pay for goods, services, or benefits procured for the benefit of the Tenant. The funds remaining after any disbursement will remain in the trust account and will not be disbursed until the occurrence of one of the following: 1.The commencement of the tenancy, at which time the remaining funds may be disbursed. 2. The Tenant commits a material breach. 3. The money is refunded to the Tenant. 4. The funds are transferred upon the termination of the property Owner’s
interest in the property. Funds collected for sales tax, occupancy tax, and security deposits will not be disbursed prior to the termination of the tenancy or material breach of the agreement by the Tenant, except as a refund to the Tenant. The Tenant’s execution of the vacation rental lease agreement will not constitute a waiver or loss of any of the Tenant’s rights to reimbursement of such payments if the Tenant is lawfully entitled to the reimbursement.
4. TAXES: North Carolina sales tax and County occupancy tax are added to your total rent and will be due when the balance of your rent is paid. The current state sales tax is 6.75 %. The current Dare County & Currituck County occupancy tax rates are 6% Tax rates are subject to change.
5. TRIP CANCELLATION/INTERRUPTION INSURANCE: Unforeseen circumstances such as evacuations, illness, and injuries do occur. Consider purchasing Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance. A detailed informational pamphlet regarding Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance available from CSA is below. Please read the pamphlet thoroughly to determine what circumstances and events are and are not covered under CSA’s policy because Southern Shores Realty makes no representations or warranties regarding insurance coverage. If you decline to purchase the insurance offered herein and the insurance would have compensated you for losses or damages resulting from a mandatory evacuation order, you will not be entitled to a refund from Southern Shores Realty. If you decide to purchase CSA Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, please select in the spot indicated. (Click here for Description of Coverage.)
6. VACATION DAMAGE PROTECTION RENTAL: As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000. Any damages that exceed $3,000 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the insurer will reimburse the insured for the cost of the repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy. The Vacation Rental Damage plan can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Southern Shores Realty any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan. Please contact Southern Shores Realty directly if you do not wish to participate in this assignment or select the correct option below. In the event you do not wish to purchase this plan, all damages will be the responsibility of the Tenant. (Click here for Description of Coverage).
7. DAMAGE TO PROPERTY: Tenant is responsible for all damages to the property found by Agent if not reported to Agent by 12 P.M. the day after Tenant’s arrival date. Tenant shall notify Agent of any Tenant caused damages during tenancy so that Agent may have the opportunity to fix or replace damaged items prior to the next rental. Be aware that guests of Tenant, especially children, often do not inform Tenant of damages caused, even when unintentional, so Tenant is advised to inspect the property carefully. Tenants are responsible for all damages whether caused by negligence, willful and wanton conduct and pet damage, normal wear and tear excepted. Southern Shores Realty reserves the right to charge the Tenant for any damages, including but not limited to: excessive cleaning, trash removal, theft, carpet spills/damage, breakage or relocation of furnishings/appliances, damage from animals, smoking in “non-smoking” homes, and tampering with pool and hot tub equipment. Tenant will be notified of any excessive cleaning charges or damages found and the amount that will be charged to your credit card IF necessary. Southern Shores Realty offers Tenants an optional Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan (see paragraph 6) through its partnership with CSA Travel Protection. This plan protects you for accidental and reported damages of up to $3,000 for a minimal fee of $40.00. All accidental damage must be reported prior to check out. Security deposits are required for tenancies of 30 consecutive days or more, non-family or large groups such as reunions, corporate retreats, etc. Agent may require a payment of Tenant security deposits as Agent and Owner agree appropriate. This deposit will be fully refunded within 45 days of your departure provided there is NO DAMAGE to the unit. If Southern Shores Realty withholds all or part of the security deposit, Tenant shall be provided an accounting of the funds withheld and an opportunity to object in writing to the failure to fully refund the deposit. Notwithstanding any language contained herein, the security deposit may be applied to actual damages caused by the Tenant as permitted under the Tenant Security Deposit Act. Security Deposits are deposited in an interest bearing account at PNC Bank at 4701 N. Croatan Hwy., Kitty Hawk, NC. Interest accrued belongs to the Agent.
8. NON-SMOKING PROPERTIES: Use of cigarettes, pipes, cigars, electronic cigarettes, or other smoking paraphernalia is prohibited inside properties listed as “NO SMOKING.” Please do not improperly discard or dispose of smoking debris on dunes or in yards or around the property. Smoking in a designated non-smoking property or improper disposal of smoking debris is considered damage and cause for eviction, forfeiture of rent and a $500 fine, and additional cleaning costs and fees.
9. GROUNDS FOR EVICTION: A material breach of this Agreement by the Tenant, which, in the sole determination of the Agent, results in damage to the property, personal injury to Tenant, a breach of the peace, a nuisance to others, or a violation of law or local code, shall be grounds for termination of your tenancy. Any Tenant, who leases residential property subject to a vacation rental agreement for 30 days or less may be evicted and removed from the property in an expedited eviction proceeding brought by the property Owner or Southern Shores Realty, if the Tenant does one of the following:
1. Holds over possession after his or her tenancy has expired.
2. Has committed a material breach of the terms of the Vacation Rental Lease Agreement that, according to the terms of the Agreement, results in the termination of his or her tenancy.
3. Fails to pay rent as required by the Agreement.
4. Has obtained possession of the property by fraud or misrepresentation.
10. STANDARD UNIT EQUIPMENT: All units are equipped for basic housekeeping (except cleansers, sheets, and towels). This includes furniture, washers, dryers, TV, kitchen appliances, pots, pans, dishes, silverware, vacuum cleaner if carpeted, one blanket per bed and one pillow per occupant (unless specified in the description). Any items you feel will be necessary for your vacation should be brought with you from home or rented, except window unit air conditioners, which are NOT allowed in units if not provided by the property Owner. Seasonal Items such as fireplaces, pools, hot tubs, or screened porches may not be operational or available except during the appropriate season (i.e. screens are stored for winter months\gas log fireplaces are not refilled in summer months\fireplaces available 10/15-4/15). Homes advertising private pools will be available April 26-October 9th unless otherwise specified in the unit description contained in this Agreement. Occasionally some pools in Dare and Currituck Counties experience a mild ground current. Generally this is not caused by a pool defect or the household electrical system, but appears as a result of the earth’s natural electrical current. Certain homes may be affected and the current tends to be intermittent in nature. Please be advised that this may affect the operation of pacemakers and other similar devices. LINENS: Bed and bath linens are not provided, unless indicated in the property description. You may bring your own linens from home or you may rent through our linen service. Please note, the following beds WILL NOT be made: sleep sofas, trundles, daybeds, rollaways, and top bunks. Your linen order may be placed on the first page of this Agreement in the right hand column or on the linen order form in the Southern Shores Realty Vacation Planner. If you use the order form in the Vacation Planner, please return it with your signed Agreement or balance payment. Linen rental rates are as stated. Current sales tax & occupancy tax applies to all rental items. Due to Health Department regulations, credit or refunds cannot be given for unused linens.
11. ERRORS: Every effort has been made to ensure all property descriptions are accurate, however, Southern Shores Realty is not responsible for changes or errors in rates, furnishings, bed arrangements and equipment or for down time of inoperative equipment.
12. UNAVAILABILITY: On occasion, rental units become unavailable for reasons beyond the control of Southern Shores Realty. Except as stated later in this paragraph, if at the time you are to begin occupancy of the rental unit you selected, the unit you have rented cannot be provided to you in a fit and habitable condition and Southern Shores Realty cannot provide you with a reasonably comparable substitute property in fit and habitable condition, then Southern Shores Realty will refund to you all rents you already paid. For purposes of this paragraph, a “reasonably comparable substitute property” means a rental unit for which the rental rate for the agreed upon rental period is similar to that of the unavailable rental unit you had selected. The reasonably comparable substitute property is not guaranteed to have the same attributes and amenities as the rental unit you had selected, although Southern Shores Realty will endeavor to offer a substitute with attributes and amenities similar to the rental unit you selected if Southern Shores Realty has such a unit available at a rental rate similar to that of the unavailable rental unit you had selected for the same rental period. Tenant agrees to indemnify Southern Shores Realty and pay any additional moneys due for any substitute rental unit selected. No part of this paragraph applies to a situation where the rental unit you selected becomes unavailable as a result of a mandatory evacuation; evacuations will be treated as Cancellations as described in paragraph 31.
13. LANDLORD AND TENANT DUTIES: A Landlord of a residential property used for a vacation rental, shall: 1. Comply with all current applicable building and housing codes. 2. Make all repairs and do whatever is reasonably necessary to put and keep the property in a fit and habitable condition. 3. Keep all common areas of the property in safe condition. 4. Maintain in good and safe working order and reasonably and promptly repair all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, and other facilities and major appliances supplied by him or her upon written notification from the Tenant that the repairs are needed. 5. Provide operable smoke detectors. Landlord shall replace or repair the smoke detectors if the Landlord is notified by the Tenant in writing that replacement or repair is needed. The Landlord shall annually place new batteries in a battery-operated smoke detector, and the Tenant shall replace the batteries as needed during the tenancy. Failure of the Tenant to replace the batteries as needed shall not be considered negligence
on the part of the Tenant or Landlord. 6. Provide a minimum of one operable carbon monoxide alarm per rental unit per level in accordance with the specifications in NCGS § 42A-31(6). 7. Agent shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation or gender identity of any Tenant.
The Tenant of a residential property used for a vacation rental shall: 1. Keep that part of the property he or she occupies and uses as clean and safe as the conditions of the property permit and cause no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common areas and remainder of the property. 2. Clean home, property and grill prior to departure and return all furnishings to their original location. 3. Dispose of all ashes, rubbish, garbage, and other waste in a clean and safe manner. 4. Roll all garbage and recycling cans to the street for pick up the night before garbage or recycling pick up and roll cans back to the house once the cans are empty. 5. Keep all plumbing fixtures in the property or used by the Tenant as clean as their condition permits. 6. Not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, or remove any part of the property or render inoperable the smoke detector provided by the Landlord, or knowingly permit any person to do so. 7. Comply with all obligations imposed upon the Tenant by current applicable building and housing codes. 8. Be responsible for all damage, defacement, or removal of any of the property inside the rental property that is in Tenant’s exclusive control unless the damage, defacement, or removal was due to ordinary wear and tear, acts of the Landlord or his or her Agent, defective products supplied or repairs authorized by Owner, acts of third parties not invitees of Tenant, or natural forces. 9. Notify the Landlord of the need for replacement or repair to a smoke detector. 10. Use the property for residential purposes only, not in violation of any criminal law or governmental regulation. These duties shall not be waived; however, the Landlord and Tenant may make additional covenants not inconsistent herewith.
14. BINDING EFFECT: This Agreement shall be valid and enforceable when the Tenant has accepted the Agreement as evidenced by any of the following: 1. The Tenant’s signature on the Agreement. 2. The Tenant’s payment of any monies after the Tenant’s receipt of the Agreement. 3. The Tenant’s taking possession of the property after the Tenant’s receipt of the Agreement.
15. CHOICE OF LAW AND VENUE: This Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina. Parties agree that in the event of a dispute that the Agreement is to be considered as having been entered into in the county where the rental unit is located and that in the event of a dispute, parties agree that any legal action may only be instituted in the county in North Carolina where the rental property is located.
16. PETS: DOGS ONLY
A. Houses that allow pets: Only MATURE, HOUSE-TRAINED DOGS (2 maximum) are permitted and only when stated in the unit description. A Pet Crate is recommended. Do not leave your pets alone in the unit uncrated. Pets must be accompanied by a Tenant at all times. Tenant is responsible for cleaning the area around property of all pet excretions. Do not allow your pet into the pools or hot tubs. Any extraordinary cleaning or material damage by any animal Tenant allows on the rental property and/or pools & hot tubs or grounds will be the responsibility of Tenant and shall be paid immediately upon written notification by Southern Shores Realty. Southern Shores Realty reserves the right to charge the Tenant for any damages to credit card on file. Cats and other animals besides dogs are strictly prohibited. If you do bring a dog, a non-refundable Pet Fee is collected to aid in cleaning and flea treatment expenses. Since pet units are often rented by families who do not bring dogs, it is the Tenant’s responsibility to declare they have brought a dog and pay the Pet Fee ($125.00 plus tax). Each town has its own leash ordinances, which are subject to change; please refer to the Agent’s website for specific information. (For example: From May 15 to September 15, dogs are allowed on the Southern Shores Beaches before 9 a.m. and after 6 p.m. with a leash not to exceed ten (10) feet and you must use a scooping device to clean up pet waste.) B. Houses that DO NOT allow pets: Bringing any animal to a non-pet property will result in immediate eviction, Tenant paying a $500.00 fine, all cleaning costs (including carpet, pool, hot tub and grounds), flea treatment, damages, and no refund of rental monies. Southern Shores Realty cannot guarantee that a non-pet property has not had pets present on the property at some time.
17. INTERNET: Some units may have internet access. Be advised that the unauthorized exchange/download/upload of copyrighted material (music, movies, software, etc.) may be prohibited by the
Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Such unauthorized exchange/download/upload is strictly prohibited under this Agreement and Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the unit Owner and Southern Shores Realty from any civil or criminal prosecution that may result from such unauthorized and prohibited use. Note: Internet access speeds on the Outer Banks may be slower than what you are accustomed to at home. Refunds will not be given for lack of speed of your internet connection.
18. CHECK IN TIME: Tenant understands and agrees that Check-In Time is NO EARLIER than 4:00 p.m., but may be later. We make every effort to have all units ready for check in by 4:00 p.m. or shortly after but delays can happen for a number of reasons. Allow us enough time to prepare the unit properly for your occupancy. If you plan to arrive early, make arrangements to do other things in case your unit is not yet available. Do not bring or purchase refrigerated foods until you have checked-in. We ask that early arrivals not meet at the unit. Units with vehicles parked at them appear occupied and delay the cleaning and inspection, as well as your check in.
19. LOCKOUTS: If you are locked out of your property, you may call our office during office hours or, at night, call our emergency maintenance number. If a key is required, you may borrow a key by coming to our office during office hours. To obtain a key after office hours, you may call the emergency number posted on the bulletin board by our front door. A $10.00 CASH fee, payable to the SSR agent who assists you, is charged if the agent meets you at the office. If the agent meets you at the property, there is a $30.00 CASH fee payable to the SSR agent.
20. CHECK-OUT TIME: On your departure date, PROPERTY MUST BE VACATED NO LATER THAN 10:00 A.M. The unit should be left clean and ready for the next occupant. Refer to the Important Information on your Check In packet for a list of required cleaning chores.
21. FAMILY GROUPS ONLY: The use of the property is restricted to “families”. A “family” as used herein means parents, grandparents, children, spouses of children and extended family members vacationing at the property. Use of the Property by Fraternities, Sororities, or groups of unrelated individuals under 24 years of age is prohibited. Occupancy is restricted to the number of occupants for the property set forth in the property description. Southern Shores Realty operates under the North Carolina Vacation Rental Act and will commence an expedited eviction under this law if a home is rented under false pretenses.
22. UNIT CAPACITY: The property Owner in accordance with the county health department regulations sets occupancy limits. We must ask you to restrict your family to the capacity stated in the property description. Unless otherwise specified, occupancy is limited to two persons per bedroom. Bedding arrangements listed in marketing materials about the property (such as rental brochures and website descriptions) may not be taken as a representation of permitted occupancy. We will make exceptions for infants (12 months & under). Mobile units (such as campers) cannot be used at units for sleeping, cooking, or any purpose other than transportation.
23. TRANSFER OF PROPERTY: If unit is actively listed for sale, listing agent may request an appointment to show the property. a. If the Owner voluntarily sells or transfers the property, Tenant has the right to enforce this Agreement against the grantee of the property if Tenant’s occupancy under this Agreement is to end 180 days or less after the grantee’s interest in the property is recorded. If Tenant’s occupancy is to end more than 180 after such recordation, Tenant has no right to enforce the terms of this Agreement unless the grantee agrees in writing to honor this Agreement. If the grantee does not honor this Agreement, Tenant is entitled to a refund of all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed). Within 20 days after transfer of the property, the grantee or the grantee’s agent is required to: (i) notify Tenant in writing of the transfer of the property, the grantee’s name and address, and the date the grantee’s interest was recorded; and (ii) advise Tenant whether Tenant has the right to occupy the property subject to the terms of this Agreement or receive a refund of any payments made by Tenant. However, if the grantee engages the Agent to continue managing the property after the transfer, the grantee shall have no obligation under (i) or (ii) above if this Agreement must be honored under the Vacation Rental Act or if the grantee agrees in writing to honor this Agreement. b. Upon termination of the Owner’s interest in the property, whether by sale, assignment, death, appointment of a receiver or otherwise, the Owner, Agent, or real estate agent is required to transfer all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to
third parties not already lawfully disbursed) to the Owner’s successor-in-interest within 30 days, and notify Tenant by mail of such transfer and of the transferee’s name and address. However, if Tenant’s occupancy under this Agreement is to end more than 180 days after recordation of the interest of the Owner’s successor-in-interest in the property, and the successor-in-interest has not agreed to honor this Agreement, all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) must be transferred to Tenant within 30 days.
24. AGENT’S INTEREST: Southern Shores Realty/Agent and/or its employees may have an ownership interest in properties or accessories offered for rent. Vendors, Agencies, Utilities and/or others may pay fees or commissions to Southern Shores Realty for using their services, including but not limited to the trip interruption insurance or rental items (cribs, beach equipment, linens, etc.). Such fees or commissions are deemed solely the income of Southern Shores Realty.
25. RIGHT OF ENTRY: You agree that Agent may enter the property during reasonable hours to inspect the property, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Agent may deem appropriate, or to show property to prospective purchasers. Agent and/or subcontractors may enter premises during reasonable hours to perform maintenance (ex., change air filters).
26. EVACUATIONS AND STATES OF EMERGENCY: Southern Shores Realty will not issue refunds for cancellations or interruptions due to inclement weather (including hurricanes) or for mandatory evacuations (regardless of cause), or for states of emergency. Travel Insurance Protection is offered through CSA (see paragraph 5 above and information provided in pamphlet provided from the insurance provider explaining coverage in detail). If state or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes the residential property subject to a vacation rental, the Tenant in possession of the property SHALL comply with the evacuation order.
27. EQUIPMENT AND MAINTENANCE: All equipment in each unit should be in working order. Please report any inoperative equipment to our office promptly. We will make every reasonable effort to have repairs made as soon as possible; however, there are limited service contractors in our area. No reduction of rent, rebate or refund will be issued for any mechanical failure of air conditioning, dishwasher, washer, dryer, TV, luxury items (i.e. hot tubs, pools, Jacuzzi), or other appliances. If your unit does provide a TV, we cannot always guarantee satisfactory operation. Replacement, repair, or rebate of TV’s or similar equipment will NOT be given. No reduction of rent, rebate OR refund will be issued for interruptions in cable, internet, phone, satellite service, or other utilities.
28. ACTS OF GOD/CONSTRUCTION: Neither Agent or Owner shall be liable for events beyond their control or occurrences of nature which may interfere with your occupancy, including acts of God, acts of governmental agencies (beach nourishment, etc.), strikes, fire, war, terrorism, inclement weather, flooding, flying insects or other insects, construction noise, etc.. NO REBATE OR REFUND will be offered in these circumstances.
29. BEACH NOURISHMENT AND CONSTRUCTION: Some oceanfront areas may be involved in beach nourishment projects or construction projects during your stay. You may experience some inconvenience due to these endeavors. Southern Shores Realty cannot predict when or where these jobs will begin or how long they will last. Since Southern Shores Realty has no control over these situations, no compensation or moves to other properties will be provided by the Agent. For Dare County, more detailed and up to date information may be found at morebeachtolove.com. No refunds will be issued for beach nourishment or construction near your vacation rental property.
30. CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS: Southern Shores Realty uses a third party processing center, Vacation Rent Payment, to process Visa/Master/Discover/Debit Cards. When paying by credit card/debit card (Visa, Discover, or MasterCard) the following guidelines apply: The person named and endorsing this Agreement must also be the person whose name is on the credit card. Upon our acceptance of your credit card, your reservation will be considered immediately confirmed. For Late Bookings - If a credit card is used to pay for a last minute booking (less than 45 days prior to arrival), we will charge the entire amount to your credit card
including rent, taxes, and other fees that apply (pet, linen, etc.). In the case of a “No-Show” the reservation will be treated as a cancellation, and will fall under the rules in paragraph 31 regarding Cancellations.
31.CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES: Except as stated in paragraph 12 in the event of Unavailability of the selected rental unit, if your confirmed reservation is cancelled by you or Southern Shores Realty for any reason (including but not limited to bad weather, illness, death, evacuations, or economic factors) and the unit you selected is not re-rented for the entire canceled period, then you will forfeit all refund claims (except refund claims available to you through purchased travel Insurance) and will remain obligated to Southern Shores Realty for amounts due for the rental unit you selected. For this reason Southern Shores Realty encourages you to purchase Trip Cancellation/Interruption insurance as described in paragraph 5. If the canceled unit is re-rented by Southern Shores Realty for the entire canceled period, all money that you prepaid to Southern Shores Realty will be refunded to you except the following amounts: (1) a Cancellation Fee of $175 that is charged to you in the event you cancel a confirmed reservation; (2) fees you paid for services by third parties that were disbursed by Agent prior to cancellation; (3) any travel insurance premium you paid. ANY change you make to a confirmed reservation (including a transfer to a different week in the same unit with advance Owner approval) will be subject to a Change Fee of $150.