Outer Banks Rentals
Your OBX Vacation Starts Here...
Offering over 340 Outer Banks Vacation Rentals located from the Corolla all the way down to S. Nags Head. Stay in a beach house or condo, each featuring plenty of amenities to make your vacation more memorable year after year. Southern Shores Realty is dedicated in providing quality rentals for each and every guests that visits our beautiful North Carolina coast.
Browse Oceanfront or Sound Front locations and select the perfect amenity from pet-friendly, private pools, and even properties with Electric Charging Stations for your e-cars.
From large houses that are perfect for family reunions to smaller cottages for that short extended weekend getaway. Start making memories today and book your OBX Rental with Southern Shores Realty!
Select the OBX Town you want to explore: Corolla, Duck, Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head
Welcome to Your Next Outer Banks Vacation
Frequently Asked Questions About the Outer Banks
What is so special about the Outer Banks?
- What makes the Outer Banks so special are the unique towns, beaches, and people that make up this long stretch of North Carolina coast. From Corolla down to Nags Head, each town hosts different attractions, vacation types, and local dining and shopping experiences. The Outer Banks hosts vacation opportunities for those looking for plenty of activities or for those that just need a place to escape it all. The OBX is even filled with history for those looking to expand their mind.
How to find the perfect Rental?
-We suggest starting with the town. Browse rentals in Corolla, Duck, Kill Devil Hills, Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, or Southern Shores. Then decide how many people are joining you on your trip to figure out if you need a house or condo. Once you know your property type, the final decision would be to select the amenities you are looking for to make your vacation that much more memorable. Select from rentals with pools, hot tubs, game rooms, pet friendly, and even how far you want to be from the beach. You can stay right on the beach or just a few steps away. Southern Shores Realty has more options, more rentals, and more amenities than any other vacation rental company in the Outer Banks.
What is the typical cost for an Outer Banks Rental?
- It all depends on the season. For the Fall and Winter, the price range can be significantly lower than than other seasons. For Spring and Summer, the price range can be a little higher, but this is of course depending on the size of the house or condo you rent; as well as, the location to the beach.
What's the nicest town in the Outer Banks?
- That all depends on your preference. Corolla is increasingly becoming popular for it's fishing, beach weddings, and vacations that take you away from everything. Well known for its wild mustangs, Corolla also offers incredible nature tours. Duck, North Carolina is one of the most popular resort destinations on the Outer Banks. It has been named by both the Travel Channel and America On-Line as one of the best family beach destinations in the United States. Centrally located, Kill Devil Hills is the Outer Banks oldest township. It is bordered by Kitty Hawk to the north and Nags Head to the south. Kill Devil Hills is the site of the Wright Brothers National Memorial. Kitty Hawk is the second town you come to as you cross the Wright Memorial Bridge onto the Outer Banks from the north. Stretching from milepost 1 to milepost 4, Kitty Hawk is a classic vacation town. Steeped in history, Nags Head, North Carolina is the place for a traditional family vacation. In addition to the beaches, enjoy bike & jogging trails, 2 fishing piers, and the widest variety of restaurants on the Outer Banks. Just south of Duck and just north of Kitty Hawk is the town of Southern Shores. Comprised of mostly single-family homes, Southern Shores is a beautiful town, with very little commercial development.
What's the best month to go to the Outer Banks?
- The summer is filled with beautiful weather for swimming and those that enjoy the beach. Fall brings crisp air with gorgeous natural colors for those looking to enjoy the art pallet of Mother Nature. Winter invites outdoor fires and Smores, while allowing you to see the Outer Banks without the crowds. Spring has warm enough weather to enjoy the beach and still has a low level of tourist.
Are dogs allowed on the beaches in the Outer Banks?
- Nags Head and Duck, NC are the most dog friendly where you are allowed to bring your dog or puppy on the beaches all year-round. In Southern Shores, between May 15 and September 15, dogs are allowed on the beach before 9:00 AM and after 6:00 PM. Dogs are allowed on the beach. In Kitty Hawk, from the Friday before Memorial Day until the day after Labor day between the hours of 10 a.m-6 p.m., dogs are allowed on the beaches. And in Kill Devil Hills, from mid-September to mid-May, Dogs are allowed on the beach.