BURD'S NEST in quiet Sandhills, Duck is the perfect location for your vacation at the best beach on the Outer Banks. You will find everything your family, guests and pets could wish for in this ocean side vacation home just a short walk to the ocean and close to all that Duck Village has to offer. Duck has lots for you to enjoy concerts, movies, fitness classes, children's magic shows and story-time. Special holiday activities include Duck's 4th parade, an Easter Egg Hunt, Columbus Day Weekend Jazz Festival and our annual Christmas Tree lighting with Santa in the park. Unique to Duck is our extensive bicycle and pedestrian pathways and sound front boardwalk with boat slips and crabbing and fishing spots, picnic areas, unique shopping, restaurants, water sports, or just a great spot for you to sit and enjoy the view.
BURD'S NEST is the perfect environment for multiple families and generations and has all you need and more to celebrate vacation getaways and special occasions. Due to its unique layout, it provides individual space and entertainment areas for everyone to relax. It can also be a cozy retreat for couples or smaller families. All will enjoy the spacious home theater and game room area. There is even a second full kitchen/dining area for your convenience. Enjoy the solar heated salt pool from May through October. The pool area includes a tiki bar area that is great for cookouts and parties with a full bath in the enclosed outside shower. Saving the best for last, you can't match the tremendous high-up views of the stunning ocean sunrises and sound sunsets from the many decks on multiple levels, including a crow's nest. Burd's Nest will surprise, entertain and delight you.
2 bedrooms: King master suite including separate outside deck and access to pool level, a 36" doorway to bedroom and bath entrance (bath has pedestal sink and door opens out, shower has a small lip and a seat); bedroom with 2 Bunk sets; full hall bath; game room with large cable HDTV, dining table, full kitchen and access to pool area.
Movie theatre room with projector and a 10’ screen equipped with cable HDTV, Blu-ray player with free Netflix streaming, independent A/C, and comfortable tiered, recliner seating.
3 bedrooms: King master suite with private deck; 2 queen bedrooms, on with small private deck; full bath; separate private den with cable HDTV with easy pool access; laundry.
Great room with fireplace; dining area with outside deck and great sunset views; full kitchen with dishwasher, microwave; spacious Master King suite with sitting area; deck with hot tub with ocean and sound views; full bath with Jacuzzi; private den with cable HDTV and queen sleep sofa.
Loft with Queen sleep sofa, independent A/C. Spacious rooftop deck with outstanding ocean and sound views.
Ship’s watch for dolphin watching and spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
- Beds: 3 King, 2 Queen, 2 Bunk sets, 2 Queen sleep sofa
- 12 x 28 PRIVATE POOL Solar Heated (available Apr 24 – Oct 16) with tiki bar and full size refrigerator with ice maker; full bath with shower
- HOT TUB
- Theatre room with projector and surround sound stereo and recliner seating
- All bedrooms, dens, great room and games room equipped with cable TV
- DVD players also provided
- 2 full kitchens and dining areas
- Family room with games table
- Wireless internet access
- Gas fireplace on level 3
- Rooftop sundeck and Crow's Nest
- Outside loungers, table, chairs
- Beautiful ocean and sound views from decks on many levels
- Gas grills
- Basketball goal
- Enclosed outdoor shower
- 5% Repeat Renter discount
- 5% Active/Retired Military discount
- 5% Senior Citizens discount
- Approximate distance to beach access: 102 yards
- NO SMOKING
- DOGS ALLOWED (Limit 3)
- PARTIAL WEEKS ALLOWED
- SHEETS, TOWELS, AND BATH MATS PROVIDED by the home owner
- 3 Private Beach Accesses
- Sound Access
- Close to Downtown Duck
- Theater Room
- Dogs Allowed
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Keyless Entry
- Non Smoking
- Partial Weeks Allowed
- Private Pool
- Rec Room
- To Beach 200 yds or less
The following items are standard in all properties unless specified in the unit description
- Central heat & A/C
- Coffee maker, toaster
- Pots, pans, dishes, silverware
- Refrigerator, range/oven, microwave, dishwasher
The following Rules apply to Seasonal Amenities
- Private Pools, if provided at property, are available late April through early October, unless otherwise specified in the property description
- Fireplaces, if available for tenant use, are available 10/15-4/15.
- Screened porches, if provided at the property, may not be screened during winter months
Our Cleaning Policies and Procedures follow the standards recommended by OSHA and the CDC.
For our rental policies please visit our Rental Agreement page
Southern Shores Realty cannot guarantee that a non-pet property has not had pets or service animals present on the property at some time.
Errors: Every effort has been made to ensure all descriptions and photos are accurate, however Southern Shores Realty is not responsible for changes or errors in rates, discounts, furnishings, bed arrangements, and equipment, or for down time of inoperative equipment.
Senior Discount: 5% discount per reservation
Military Discount: 5% discount per reservation
Repeat Renters Discount: 5% discount per reservation
Loved our stay. Great location to the beach and solar heated pool was a plus. We had lots of fun. Lots of room for everyone and Kitchen and dining room were perfect to make meals and enjoy each other's company.